The goal of this section of training is to learn more about the Golioth platform and to allow trainees to interact with the Golioth Console using preconfigured code.
- Learn how to assign device credentials
- Use State data to interact with devices
- View and filter remote logging messages
- View and query Stream data received from devices
This section should take approximately 10-20 minutes.
During this training we are using a web-based Docker container called Kasm that has all of the necessary Zephyr tools and Golioth repositories installed. You must have a login for Kasm, and a copy of esptool.py installed on your local machine.
Throughout these exercies, we will follow the same workflow to edit, build, and flash firmware.
In Kasm container:
- Make changes to sourcecode
- Build app using
west, the Zephyr meta-tool
- Download binary file from Kasm to your local machine
On your local machine:
- Flash downloaded binary to the MagTag